Lavender Wand-Making Workshop
This workshop will be next available in July 2022.
Join Michele in Gridley's herb garden and learn how to make the 18th century craft of Lavender Wands.
As early as Roman times, lavender was known for its medicinal and restorative properties. Romans added lavender to their bath water. During the middle ages and Renaissance, laundry was laid upon lavender bushes to scent the clothes. Bunches of dried lavender were placed in cupboards and chests of drawers to chase away insects and protect from moths. In the 17th century, French women sought a more decorative way to utilize lavender by making lavender wands or " fuseaux de lavande"
Michele will demonstrate this craft using freshly harvested lavender and satin ribbon. Each participant will have enough time to make 2- 3 wands.
This workshop is available for 4 or more people over the age of 18. Covid policies and procedures are in effect and based on number of "bubbles" attending. Proof of vaccination required.
Workshop takes place from 10:00 am to 11:30 am or 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm (approximately 1.5 hours), depending on date and weather permitting.
Workshop includes all materials needed to make your batch of lavender wands. Wear appropriate footwear for walking in the garden. Bring your coffee, tea or morning snacks too! This workshop takes place outside. Please dress accordingly.
Payment and Cancellation Policy
Your spot(s) are CONFIRMED once payment is received. All bookings are non-refundable.
All booking and payments are made in advance and considered firm. We understand that events can happen though to change your schedule. If we are given notice 14 days prior to your workshop, we would be pleased to rebook you/your group to another date. If someone from your group, at any time, is not available to come, a substitute person that you find, can take their place. No refunds are given for cancellations.
If we need to cancel or reschedule...
* A minimum of 4 people is needed to run this workshop. If you book and pay for less than 4 people, and no other bookings are received for your date, we will contact you to reschedule.
* This workshop takes place outdoors. In cases of inclement weather, we will contact you to reschedule.
* This workshop is available according to provincial guidelines and restrictions. If a lockdown is implemented, you will be given the option to reschedule.
We reserve the right to cancel/reschedule your event for any reason. We will work with you to reschedule your workshop. If we are unable to reschedule your workshop, we will reimburse you for the cost of the workshop. We are unable to reimburse you for any other costs you have incurred.
Proof of vaccination is required. A form will be sent to participants as part of their reminder notice, to fill out and confirm a healthy status before arrival. Pre-screening will also take place when you arrive. This event has been designed to enable social distancing. Hand sanitizer will be provided throughout the event. You will be asked at various times to sanitize your hands. Masks are required.
- You will need to provide your own transportation to and from Gridley's
- Please notify us of any food allergies that you or a group member may have
- By registering for an event at Gridley's you agree to release Gridley's and its representatives from all responsibilities for injury, loss or damage, however caused, which may be sustained by you or any other person attending our events/location.
Thank you for choosing Gridley's for your workshop. Let's make lavender wands!