Lavender Bubble Bath Kit
Make your own Solid Bubble Bath with this DIY kit from Gridley's!
220 g Lavender scented Bubble Bath Base (enough for 3 baths)
80 g Lavender scented Bubble Bath Icing
1.5 g Lavender florets for decorating
1 Silicone mold
1 Organza bag
Bubble Bath Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, SLSA, Potassium Bitartrate (Cream of Tartar), Iselux Ultra Mild (Water (and) Sodium Lauroyl Methyl Isethionate (and) Cocamidoapropyl Betaine (and) Sodium Methyl Oleoyl Taurate (and) Lauryl Glucoside (and) Coco-Glucoside), Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Vegetable Glycerin, Polysorbate 80, Lavandula Officinalis (Lavender) Oil.
Bubble Bath Icing Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, SLSA, Polysorbate 80, Lavandula Officinalis (Lavender) Oil, CI 77019, CI 77891, CI 77861, CI 77742.
- Remove Bubble Bath from bag and cut off 1/3. Place on microwavable dish and heat in microwave for 10 seconds. Remove from microwave. Be careful, bubble bath can be hot, particularly in the middle.
- Massage and knead bubble bath dough until it is pliable and smooth. It may be necessary to pop it back in the microwave for another 5 seconds. Do not overheat!
- Roll into smooth ball and press into mold. You can dust your mold with some corn starch but this is not necessary. Make sure to press your bubble bath into the corners and really work it in. Smooth it out for a flat back. After a few minutes you may notice the bubble bath begin to expand. You can use a knife to slice off the top and smooth it a bit with your fingers for a nice finished look. Keep the trimmed off bits with your remaining bubble bath for future use.
- Wait for your bubble bath to harden. This may take a few hours or more. We typically leave it in the mold until the next day. This ensures the bubble bath is hard and you do not lose any of the detail of your design.
- Remove from mold simply by peeling back the edges and popping out your bubble bath. You can clean up the edges if you wish with just your fingers.
- Melt your icing. Place icing on microwavable dish and heat in microwave for 10 seconds. Remove from microwave (careful again in case it is hot!). Gently massage icing in bag to soften all of contents. Be careful not to apply too much pressure to burst the seam of the icing bag. It may be necessary to reheat another 5 seconds. Again, do not overheat!
- Cut a tiny hole in the end of the icing bag. If you want a thin line of icing, make sure to cut a very small hole. You can always make it bigger if you wish. Decorate as desired. Alternatively, you can squeeze out your icing onto a place and dip your bubble bath in the icing.
- Sprinkle lavender buds on icing. Make sure to gently push them in so they stick on. If your icing has dried, you can take a hair dryer and gently heat the icing on the bubble bath to soften it again.
Hooray - You’ve made a fancy Bubble Bath!
USING YOUR BUBBLE BATH
- Chop up your bubble bath. Place on a cutting surface and finely chop up your bubble bath.
- Place in organza bag (you can also use a sieve).
- Hold under running warm water as you fill your bath. The stronger the stream of water, the more bubbles you will get. You can also give the water a swish or two.
- Enjoy the luxurious bubbles, wonderful scent and soft feel!