Current Job Openings
Soap / Bath Product Maker (Part-Time) Lindsay, ON
Gridley’s is seeking an individual for production of handcrafted vegan soap, body care, and aromatherapy products. Position may also include tasks related to day-to-day business activities.
Dream big, work hard, shower, repeat. This is the daily mantra at Gridley’s. We believe in inspiration, determination, perspiration, and exfoliation. We believe in working hard in the pursuit of your passions. We believe that every day should end in a much needed shower.
Gridley’s manufactures handmade soap and body care products and is located in Lindsay, Ontario. Our products are sold at craft shows as well as online and at our Lindsay retail store. Our Mission is to provide quality aroma-related products and services that enrich, improve and deepen the life experiences of our customers. We are a values-based, vegan company.
- Manufacture and package handmade soap, body care, and aromatherapy products
- Manage supplies and product inventory and maintain accurate formula, inventory and batch records using word processing and spreadsheet software as well as Soapmaker 3 software
- Comply with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and workplace safety protocols
- Participate in staff meetings, strategic planning sessions and other workplace gatherings
- Attend professional development workshops and conferences when requested
- Operate in line with our workplace values of: Passion, Mindfulness, Balance, Integrity and Quality
- Position may involve assistance with other business activities including office management, record keeping, marketing, sales, workshops and growing/harvesting/drying of plant material for use in products
- Experience making cold-process soap, bath and body care products an asset
- Reliable and punctual with impeccable attention to detail and good manual dexterity
- Ability to follow a formula and comfortable working with caustic solutions and fragrances
- Science/math skills sufficient to learn soap-making chemistry and to resize formulas
- Familiarity with and ability to adhere to Health Canada’s Good Manufacturing Practices for Cosmetic Products and other Canadian regulations pertaining to handmade soap and body care products
- Good time management skills and ability to work independently, efficiently and under pressure
- Ability to lift heavy objects (up to approximately 25 kg)
- Ability to work a variable schedule on occasion, including early mornings, evenings and/or weekends.
- Must have own transportation.
- Willing to sign non-disclosure/non-compete agreement
Start Date: Currently accepting applications
Remuneration: $15/hr (7-21 hrs per week to start)
Send to: Please email cover letter (written or video) and resume to email@example.com
* Thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.