Herb-to-Home Garden Soap Making Experience
Awarded as one of Kawartha Lakes Signature Experiences!
Enjoy a summer afternoon making soap in a private herb garden in the Kawartha Lakes countryside. This half day experience for 4 - 8 adults begins with a tour of the herb garden and harvesting process where you will gather and prepare your herbs to make your own batch of soap to take home with you. Local soap maker and business owner Michele Sauve will teach you the soap making process, demonstrate how soap is made and guide you as you make your own batch. Gift Cards Available. Book one of our advertised dates or contact us to select your own date (for groups of 4 or more).
- Michele will greet you as you arrive and offer you a herbal refreshment while you get settled
- Follow Michele as she takes you on a walking tour of the herb garden where you will get to smell and taste an assortment of herbs. She will then take you to the processing area where you will get your herbs for your batch of soap
- You will then be invited to the workshop tables where you will prepare your herbs for your soap
- Michele will give an overview of the soap making process and demonstrate making a batch of soap
- You will then be guided through making your batch of soap
- While your soap sets up sufficiently for travel, you will be invited to browse the retail store and enjoy some herbal snacks in the garden
- Your afternoon will conclude with a Q and A before you depart with your soap
Soap options (dependent on availability of herbs) include: Mint and Cornmeal, Lavender, Blue Cornflower, Lemon Balm and Oatmeal, Calendula and Aloe
This experience is available for 4-8 people over the age of 18. Covid policies and procedures are in effect and based on number of "bubbles" attending.
Experience takes place from 1:00 pm to 4:30 pm (approximately 3.5 hours)
Other days of the week available upon request for a minimum of 4 people.
Experience includes all materials needed to make your batch of soap. Please have a long sleeved shirt with you to protect your arms. We will provide soap making masks, face shields, and gloves.
Payment and Cancellation Policy
Your spot(s) are CONFIRMED once payment is received. All bookings are non-refundable.
All booking and payments are made in advance and considered firm. We understand that events can happen though to change your schedule. If we are given notice 14 days prior to your workshop, we would be pleased to rebook you/your group to another date. If someone from your group, at any time, is not available to come, a substitute person that you find, can take their place. No refunds are given for cancellations.
If we need to cancel or reschedule...
* A minimum of 4 people is needed to run this experience. If you book and pay for less than 4 people, and no other bookings are received for your date, we will contact you to reschedule.
* This experience takes place outdoors. In cases of inclement weather, we will contact you to reschedule.
* This experience is available according to provincial guidelines and restrictions. If a lockdown is implemented, you will be given the option to reschedule.
We reserve the right to cancel/reschedule your event for any reason. We will work with you to reschedule your experience. If we are unable to reschedule your experience, we will reimburse you for the cost of the experience. We are unable to reimburse you for any other costs you have incurred.
During COVID, a form will be sent to participants as part of their reminder notice, to fill out and confirm a healthy status before arrival. Pre-screening will also take place when you arrive. This event has been designed to enable social distancing. Hand sanitizer will be provided throughout the event. You will be asked at various times to sanitize your hands. A hand washing station will also be available. Masks are required. During the soap making portion of the experience, you will be given an N95 mask which is required for soap making. You will also be given a face shield and nitrile gloves which are also required for soap making.
- You will need to provide your own transportation to and from Gridley's
- Please notify us of any food allergies that you or a group member may have
- By registering for an event at Gridley's you agree to release Gridley's and its representatives from all responsibilities for injury, loss or damage, however caused, which may be sustained by you or any other person attending our events/location.
Thank you for choosing Gridley's for your soap making experience. Let's make soap!