Herb Harvesting and Seed Collection Workshop
This workshop will be available in Summer 2022.
Do you have herbs growing in your garden but are not sure what to do with them? Are you interested in herbs and want to know more about how to harvest and use them?
Join Michele in Gridley's herb garden to learn about harvesting and seed collection. This workshop will focus on 1 - 3 of the following herbs: Calendula, Chives, Cornflower, Lemon Balm, Lemon Verbena, Mint, or Poppy Seeds. Some of these herbs are fun to use in soap and body care products, not to mention Mint Tea! Learn about how best to preserve these herbs and get hands on experience helping with Gridley's harvest.
This workshop is available for 4 or more people over the age of 18. Covid policies and procedures are in effect and based on number of "bubbles" attending. Proof of vaccination required.
Workshop takes place from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm (approximately 2 hours), weather permitting.
Wear appropriate footwear for walking in the garden. Bring scissors if you have them. Gloves will be provided. Bring your coffee, tea or morning snacks too! This workshop takes place outside. Please dress accordingly.
Payment and Cancellation Policy
Your spot(s) are CONFIRMED once payment is received. All bookings are non-refundable.
All booking and payments are made in advance and considered firm. We understand that events can happen though to change your schedule. If we are given notice 14 days prior to your workshop, we would be pleased to rebook you/your group to another date. If someone from your group, at any time, is not available to come, a substitute person that you find, can take their place. No refunds are given for cancellations.
If we need to cancel or reschedule...
* A minimum of 4 people is needed to run this workshop. If you book and pay for less than 4 people, and no other bookings are received for your date, we will contact you to reschedule.
* This workshop takes place outdoors. In cases of inclement weather, we will contact you to reschedule.
* This workshop is available according to provincial guidelines and restrictions. If a lockdown is implemented, you will be given the option to reschedule.
We reserve the right to cancel/reschedule your event for any reason. We will work with you to reschedule your workshop. If we are unable to reschedule your workshop, we will reimburse you for the cost of the workshop. We are unable to reimburse you for any other costs you have incurred.
Proof of vaccination is required. A form will be sent to participants as part of their reminder notice, to fill out and confirm a healthy status before arrival. Pre-screening will also take place when you arrive. This event has been designed to enable social distancing. Hand sanitizer will be provided throughout the event. You will be asked at various times to sanitize your hands. Masks are required.
- You will need to provide your own transportation to and from Gridley's
- Please notify us of any food allergies that you or a group member may have
- By registering for an event at Gridley's you agree to release Gridley's and its representatives from all responsibilities for injury, loss or damage, however caused, which may be sustained by you or any other person attending our events/location.
Thank you for choosing Gridley's for your workshop. Let's harvest some herbs!